Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- TrendingCentral Editor becomes Managing Director of Breitbart London - February 17, 2014
- VIDEO: Impassioned plea from flood victim to David Cameron - February 10, 2014
- Now BNP-linked “Christian Patrols” tour East London - February 4, 2014
- A pig-shaped balloon with Star of David alongside fascist symbols was released during British musician’s concert in Belgium this weekend.
- ‘I really love his music,’ says Israeli viewer, ‘but this time he crossed the line’.
Former Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters’ stands accused of grotesque anti-Semitism following a concert in Belgium this past weekend. Waters, a known anti-Israel activist, included imagery in his show that even the most staunchest critic of Israel would have balked at, as a black balloon in the shape of a wild pig was released to the sky.
On it was Star of David, accompanised by symbols of dictatorial and fascist organisations and regimes from around the world. The Star of David, or Magen David, is regarded as a fundamentally important symbol in the Jewish faith.
Next to the Star of David, on the wild pig balloon, there was also a sign of oil conglomerate Shell, and a graffiti message stating, “Everything will be okay, just keep consuming,” and “What’s wrong with people?”
Many viewers were disgusted with what they saw, with one man commenting, “I came to the concert because I really like his music, without any connection to his political stance toward Israel,” says Alon Onfus Asif. “And I had a lot of fun, until I noticed the Star of David on the inflatable pig. That was the only religious-national symbol which appeared among other symbols for fascism, dictatorships and oppression of people. Waters crossed the line and gave expression to an anti-Semitic message, beyond all his messages of anti-militancy.”
The Simon Wiesenthal Center has strongly condemned Wednesday, July 24, the provocative singer, she describes as “classic anti-Semitic caricature disgusting, widely used by the Nazi and Soviet propaganda to incite hatred against the Jews” and called “the Artists condemn this grotesque display of hatred of Jews and expects the condemnation of BDS activists who claim that their goal is to help bring peace and reconciliation between Israelis and Palestinians “ .